Water damage can arise from any number of sources: an overflowing sink; a broken pipe; a leaking roof. No matter the cause, immediate action is required when water floods your home or office.
At Nichols Inc., our water damage mitigation technicians are available around the clock. They’re equipped to handle all types of water cleanup and restoration projects.
Once the Nichols team receives your call, we’re on the scene as soon as possible (in most cases, 2 hours). Using the proper drying and dehumidifying techniques, we remove water and moisture from sub-flooring, carpets, walls and crawl spaces quickly and effectively. After all contaminated structures have been removed and the drying process is complete, we can rebuild as necessary.
By doing the right thing now, we can mitigate your current loss and save you from future losses. Excess moisture can lead to other problems, such as mold infestations, if not treated properly and in a timely manner.
Water Damage Restoration Services
- 24 hour emergency service (1-888-210-1365)
- Water extraction
- Moisture detection: check walls, carpets, sub-flooring, crawl spaces
- Remove any contaminated sub-flooring, carpet, pads, floors, drywall and insulation
- Structural drying
- Apply Microban to all affected areas to prevent bacterial growth and mildew
- Air quality testing (limited)
- Fog treatment/anti-microbial treatment
- Waterproof sealants for masonry
- Vapor barriers
- Carpet and upholstery cleaning
- Oriental rug and area rug cleaning
- Crawl space and attic solutions
- Crawl and attic space insulation
- Full reconstruction
Three Categories of Flood Water
1. Clean Water
Originates from a source not posing substantial harm to humans or animals
– broken water supply pipes
2. Gray Water
Significant levels of contamination can potentially cause discomfort or sickness if consumed by or exposed to humans
– discharge from dishwasher or washing machine
– rain water
– melted snow
3. Black Water
Contains pathogenic (disease-causing) agents
– toilet back-flows that originate from beyond the toilet trap